Horseback Riding to El Tajo - Full Day
Our car picks you up from Café Florín at 09:15 hrs, and takes you to the horses. After meeting the horses and the guide, you’ll climb up (well, your horse does!) the mountains behind the village Yotala.
The splendid views over the mountains and rivers of the “Cordillera de los Frailes” give you a feeling of being part of a western movie.
Coming over the peak you’ll ride downhill near to the village and river Cachi Mayu.
There you can visit historic “haciendas” and rest your feet in the water of the river.
| The way back goes up in a little side river that comes down to Cachi Mayu.
There you can appreciate colonial “haciendas” and dip in the river. Before coming to Yotala we take a detour to get to the place called "El Tajo", there you can enjoy a delicious Ambrosia if you like.
The guide stays with the horses while you are having a break.
After resting and enjoying the outdoors, you can return to the city of Sucre.
There you can find a transport to go back to Sucre in about 20 min.
If you like, also you can return by horse, riding in about three hours, (Check the price)
- 09:30 Departure / Arrival (By bus) at 15:00 p.m. approx. Arrival (By horse) at 17:00 p.m. approx.
- Riding 12 Km in 4 hrs approx. (+ 12 km if you return by horse)
- Time spent in the car, 15 min + 20 min.
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate, depending on their experience.
- Transport from Restaurant Florin to horses
- Spanish speaking guide for horseback riding
- Lunch Box
- Helmets (guarantee is 20 Usd. for damage or loss)
- FREE DRINK at the end!
- Snacks, (alcoholic) drinks, tips
- English/Dutch guide 40 USD more
- Return transport to Sucre (here your guide helps you)
You need to bring:
Daypack with food and water, comfortable shoes, hat, sun cream, sunglasses, camera, personal necessities, some money for your transport to Sucre.