Maragua Crater Tour - Full Day
We will leave Sucre to Chaunaca. We will take you to the Ravelo River where we have a break and you can swim if you like.
Next the car will cross the river and will take you to the crater of Maragua. Here you can hike up to the dinosaur tracks at Niñu Mayu.
Don’t want to do any hiking but just want to enjoy the view from the car? It’s still worth the trip! Around the villages there is a lot to see as well.
Locals will be happy to show you their weavings and the way they live.
You can also visit the cemetery, the waterfalls and the Sacred Cave under the waterfall at Maragua.
Be aware for the brown snakes in the humid parts!
By the way, for visiting the dino tracks of Niñu Mayu we pay your fee, which is for the local communities who guard and maintain the sites and the trail.
You can do more or do less hiking, depending on what you like.
The car will be close all the time.
Everything is flexible, just coordinate with your bilingual guide.
- Leave at 08:30 from Café Florin / Back around 17:30
- Hiking in about 4 hrs in total from Maragua to Niñu Mayu.
- Time spend in the car about 4 ½ hrs
- Difficulty: easy or moderate.
- Private transport from/to Café “Florín”
- Bilingual guide (Spanish/English)
- Entrance fees
- Lunch Box
- Mineral water, coffee, tea, cookies, fruits.
- Free drink at the end!
- (Alcoholic) drinks
- Fruit or candies for the little kids on the way (or children toys such as soccer ball, etc.)
You need to bring:
Daypack, good walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, sun glasses, camera, bathing suit, towel and personal necessities.
We try not to bring too much things like soft drinks and snacks/chocolates from the city and instead we would like everybody to spend in the little villages, so tourism will make sense to the local people