Rockpaintings Hike - Full Day
This hiking starts at about an hour from Sucre, passing the chapel of Chataquila at 3.665m. We follow the rim of the “Cordillera de los Frailes”.
The trail is moderate and difficult (one small part). We will take you through an impressive, rugged landscape and splendid views along the way to the rock paintings to see the Pumamachay and Incamachay caves.
After visiting the sites you walk down to the river, which you follow until you reach the village of Tumpeka.
Almost no traffic, hardly any tourist and the real indigenous Bolivian people that most of the time only speak Quechua, their native language.
By the way, for visiting the rock paintings we pay your entrance fee, which is for the local communities who guard and maintain the sites and the trail.
Our car will bring you back to Sucre to enjoy a Free Drink in Café Florín!
- Departure at 08:30 from Café Florín/back around 17:30
- Hiking 12 Km. in about 5 - 6 hrs.
- Time spend in the car about 3 ½ hrs.
- Difficulty: easy, moderate
- Private transport
- Bilingual Guide (Spanish/English)
- Entrance fees
- Lunch Box
- Mineral water, coffee, tea, cookies, fruits.
- Free drink at the end in Café Florin!
You need to bring:
- (Alcoholic) drinks
- Fruit or candies for the little kids on the way (or children toys such as soccer ball, school material, etc.)
Good walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, sun glasses, camera, rainy jacket (ask for rainy season) and personal necessities.
We try not to bring too much things like soft drinks and snacks/chocolates from the city and instead we would like everybody to spend in the little villages, so tourism will make sense to the local people…..
Of course we`ll bring the main food from the city.